Valliant was originally founded in 1953 by James Valliant Sr. as a local parts store for automobiles. Valliant remained a small local store that focused on selling directly to individuals until the mid-1960's when James Valliant Jr. came into the business.
After James Valliant Jr. joined in the business, Valliant began to expand and shifted into warehouse distribution. Wholesale distribution for multiple lines of automobile parts became the new focus and allowed Valliant to reach new heights. This new business model remained until the mid-1990's when Sean Valliant Sr. came into the business.
Sean Valliant Sr. brought his own vision to the company and shaped Valliant into much of what you can see today. Valliant evolved into a Diesel engine and parts business that solely operates in the marine and industrial Detroit Diesel industry since the fall of 1998. With a more specialized focus, this has allowed Valliant to perfect the services that we provide.
From a small local store to what Valliant is today, the Valliant family has always looked for new ways to serve its customers with excellence. Coming from humble beginnings, our location has remained the same throughout our journey. We have added to our building multiple times and have grown into a 15,000 square feet storage facility for parts, cores, and engines.
To this day, our primary focus is still the 71 and 92 series Detroit Diesel engines. However, we still stock new replacement parts, rebuilt sub-assemblies, as well as take request for custom work. We can rebuild engines from 3 to 16 cylinders. We handle nearly all aspects of rebuilding at our facility with the exception of some significant block and crankshaft machine work.